installing new tail lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing new tail lights

Ok so I am in the middle of a cafe build on my bike. I want do put new tail lights on the bike. I just want 2 small lights on the back to clean up the look. I want both lights to be the brake lights then each one to be a turn signal. I am assuming I can accomplish this with a little rewire. Do I just wire my brake light and turn signal to the same lights or am I looking at this wrong?
    1980 Yamaha XS1100 Std
    4 into 1 exhast, pod filters
    2003 Triumph Thruxton

Originally posted by bchaffin View Post
    Ok so I am in the middle of a cafe build on my bike. I want do put new tail lights on the bike. I just want 2 small lights on the back to clean up the look. I want both lights to be the brake lights then each one to be a turn signal. I am assuming I can accomplish this with a little rewire. Do I just wire my brake light and turn signal to the same lights or am I looking at this wrong?
    Hi Brent,
    my son just did that very thing on his sidecar rig.
    It needs more than a little rewire.
    It also needs a separate signal to combined signal trailer light adapter module.
    Get one from NAPA or similar supplier, the small one you'll need costs ~$20 and is about the size of a cigarette package.
    There's a wiring diagram comes with it.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Right on. I just want 2 little led lights or something bright along that line in the rear.
      1980 Yamaha XS1100 Std
      4 into 1 exhast, pod filters
      2003 Triumph Thruxton

Comment

Working...
      X