Paint stripping???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint stripping???

What is best way to remove paint from wheels? Outside of media blasting are there any chemicals I could use?

any kind of stripper will work...walmart hs some stuff ( cant tremember the name) in a spray can that work really well. just dont get it on your skin it f@@kin hurts for a while..
    _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
    1980 gs1000g "stock"
    1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
    2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

Aircraft paint stripper is usually the strongest stuff. Autozone sells it in a couple different sizes.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Think i'll get a quart of the aircraft grade and some natural bristle brushes tommorrow and see how it works.

Comment

I can vouch for the aircraft stripper. I did not strip my wheels but it took the paint right off my frame with ease. It is nasty stuff though you will need gloves.
          Dave
          1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

Working...
          X