Chop or Stock - Pleas help me decide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 11Rider View Post
    Hidey-ho my fellow 11 enthusiasts. I bought a really nice '79 SF a while back that's low mileage, almost all stock and in very nice mechanical and cosmetic condition. ON THE ONE HAND, I peruse the net and see all these righteous custom 11s that I really like. I also enjoy tinkering and making my bike "my own". ON THE OTHER HAND, I wonder how much value may be lost if I get too far into true customization.
    If any of you have struggled with the same concerns, please let's hear about your conclusion!!
    In my opinion if the bike is in as good a shape as you are saying it is, it would be best to referb or restore it as a stock bike. It will have more value that way if you ever have to part with it and the bike is plenty comfortable in its stock form.
    If you really want to make your own custom bike based on the XS11 you would be wise to get your hands on one that is not in a condition that makes it a good choice for a refurb or restore job. This same situation lead me to have 2 bikes. One restored and one modified to my liking.
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Working...
    X