Seat Cover Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Cover Help!

I need a new seat cover for my 1981 XS1100 Special. I have not been able to find one for a 81, but I was able to find a seat cover for a 80 XS1100 Special.
    Will the 80 seat cover fit?
    I need one so I can get back on the road!

Go to ebay there is a store that sells them for 30 bucks. It was easy to install. I think they have all types
    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

Comment

I've tried ebay, even sent a couple sellers messages, but so far I haven't had any luck.
      Thanks for your help though!
      Any other ideas? Does any one know if the 80 seat cover will fit?

Comment

hi 81xs

welcome to xs11,com the only place to be! i have posted this before and it was my way to solve the same problem,, i had a gel pak inserted in my seat and the old foam removed by a boat upholster it lowered my seat height and made the ride so comfortable for less than 80 bucks ,, ride safe ,,slow mo!
        The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
        moemcnally@hotmail.com
        i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

To answer your question....which hasn't been.......yes the 80 cover WILL fit perfect......just a bit different pattern......hope that helps!
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I have one on my 80 XS1100LG from JC Whitney

http://www.jcwhitney.com/1-piece-cus...d2468y1981t1j3

Fits and looks fine
            Pat Kelly
            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Ok I found the place I got mine from go to normal ebay not ebay motors...

TT cycles was the seller. It looks like they only do 79. 39 bucks for the regular material or gripper material. 89 for flames and 129 for diamond patterns. If you contact the seller they might have more. Also b and h sells them model specific and they list the 81 as well these are 79 bucks. But good quality too. I bought one for my xj also
              " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
              xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
              8mm msd wires
              tkat fork brace...
              Fox shocks...
              mikes650 front fender
              led's gallore...
              renthal bars
              gold valve emulators
              vmax tensioner
              Rifle fairing

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Kelly View Post
                I have one on my 80 XS1100LG from JC Whitney

http://www.jcwhitney.com/1-piece-cus...d2468y1981t1j3

Fits and looks fine
                Here's the best pic of the JCW cover on my bike. It's different than the cover shown in the JCW ad. The ad has a generic cover.

Pat Kelly
                <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Thank you all for your help and suggestions!
                  motoman: Thank you for answering my original question; it helps a lot!
                  Pat Kelly: Nice bike! That seat cover looks exactly like what I am looking for.

Thank you all again!

Comment

I got mine from B&H Specialties. It was right around $100, but that was with the premium grain. It is EXACTLY like the OEM cover, including the double top-stitching for the MNS.
                    1980 XS850SG - Sold
                    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                    -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
                    X