turn signals not flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn signals not flashing

had a milestone with the bike today. Took the broken fairing off and got the bike started. Smokes alot. not sure if it was from sitting around or if it needs something. It has no light or front turn signals now the fairing is off and the rear turn signals don't flash. They light up though. is it because some circuit is not complete with the lights missing or is my flasher relay or flasher cancelling relay bad.
    Jim

Signals

Likely not flashing because there is not enough load on the curcuit to trip the flasher over. Forget about until you have all components back in and functioning and the flasher unit will likely function properly.
    Ken/Sooke
    78E Ratbyk

Comment

Once you put the fairing back on they will start flashing, well at least mine did once I rec-connected the fairing harness. If they don't you might have a problem at that time.

Comment

Mine does that once in a while. Check the ground connections. A high resistance from a dirty connection will still light the bulbs, but they won't flash. Clean the connections and everything is happy again.

Comment

Need front and rear connected to get a flash.

Comment

smokes a lot

If your bike sat for a period of time (years), the valve seals may have dried out. Oil runs down the valve stem and out the exhaust port. The oil rests in the lower bends of the exhaust system.

Both my bike smoke if they sit for 30 days or so. The first time I start them up after a long winter rest, they smoke something awful.

If this is your problem, the smoking will go away after 15 minutes of running.

I just check my oil often and ride a lot
            DZ
            Vyger, 'F'
            "The Special", 'SF'
            '08 FJR1300

Comment

Working...
            X