Fairing ID Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing ID Question

I have a fairing that I have been trying to sell but I am now considering keeping it for fall/winter driving. But my problem is I dont know what it is. I am pretty sure its a Pacifico but I dont know. Then I would also need to find the mounting hardware for it because it did not come with anything.

If you know what it is let me know. If you know of some mounting hardware for it or have some that you dont need, let me know!

TIA
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Yep, a Pacifico, and even painted 'Macho Maroon'...

Looks to be in pretty nice shape too. Well, except for those rogue speaker holes; I can't believe how many of these you see where they cut the speaker holes everywhere except for the place that was furnished.
    Last edited by crazy steve; 08-28-2010, 09:33 PM.
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
      Yep, a Pacifico, and even painted 'Macho Maroon'...

Looks to be in pretty nice shape too. Well, except for those rogue speaker holes; I can't believe how many of these you see where they cut the speaker holes everywhere except for the place that was furnished.
      Those speaker holes seems to be a frequent thing to comment on! Ok so I was right about it being Pacifico now I need the hardware, and the place to store it when I dont want it on but you guys cant help there!
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Another question are there lowers available for the Pacifico fairing, or something that would fit on it?
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Yes, there are lowers for the Pacifico. Not nearly as easy to come by as the Windjammer lowers, but they ARE out there.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
          X