no keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no keys

so i went to yamaha dealer in town here and asked them to cut me some new keys as ignition had diff code than gas lid.so i gave him the 4 digit code and he pulls out secret code book for keys and tells me there is a letter missing.he showed me the book and i look and the yamaha book has codes for keys from a7400 to a7800 so he said without the info he could not set the cutter to proper settings.he refered me to a local locksmith who i contacted and said he can cut it as long as i show a bill of sale for the bike.so i went to person who gave me the bike and explained situation told her i needed the bill of sale to be signed.i gotta tell you boys i get a feeling in my stomach some funny business going on!!!!! she is asian barely speaks english and first signs the bill of sale jenny....she didn't look like a jenny so i asked her if she had a last name to sign it on the bill of sale and she hastily put kostyk now i really didn't get the impression an asian lady would have the name jenny kostyk maybe just my mid working overtime.....

anyhoo i am considering removing the ignition switch as the harness and connector are badly corroded from being exposed to the elements and just wiring it up on a hidden switch on the bike.now what can i do for for the fuel lid how hard is it to remove the lock without a key can i drill it out and put in an aftermarket one or do i bite the bullet and get the key cut.....
    1978 xs1100e
    1985 vmax 1200

Where did you get the code from? The code should be on the underside of the ignition switch, and should include all necessary digits.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

well the fuel lid had it stamped on top code was 3922 and the ignition one was on the face of the ignition cylinder 3902.....these are the codes i gave them......
      1978 xs1100e
      1985 vmax 1200

Comment

Well, if all else fails, you can take the ignition switch to a locksmith and they can make a key from that (my dealer said they could do it too).
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

http://www.motorcyclekeys.com/

great guy to deal with and fast, gave him my 4 digit code and a copy of my DL and got them to me right away. Explained to them how I got the bike, that I had no title, nor bill of sale.
          1979 XS1100SF.

"You know what makes me sad... YOU DO, Why dont we run over to mamby pamby land and get you some self confidence you jack wagon" Will go down as one of the great quotes LOL

Comment

Working...
          X