Rebuild and Repair...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuild and Repair...

Just bought an 81 xs1100 midnight special.. its been sitting for about 15 yrs.. what are the things I should mainly focus on before I try to start this old girl? Any advice is appreciated

Originally posted by Duaner View Post
    Just bought an 81 xs1100 midnight special.. its been sitting for about 15 yrs.. what are the things I should mainly focus on before I try to start this old girl? Any advice is appreciated
    Welcome and congrats on the bike purchase! this is a decent place to start http://www.xs11.com/faqs/16-what-to-...ed-xs1100.html gives some generals to help you get going and hopefully at least get her started so that you can move ahead. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask and everyone will surely help out!
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Welcome aboard! Another Midnight, huh? Is this the same bike you got last year? Get yourself a manual from the link in my signature, and post some pictures of your new ride so we can all drool over it!
      Last edited by CatatonicBug; 08-26-2010, 02:53 PM.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
      X