Idle Jet Screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle Jet Screw

Anyone know where I can find an Idle screw for a 78 xsE? A nearby Yamaha shop told me they're no longer in circulation due to age and I'm hurtin' for one. I'm in Dallas.
    78 xs11

They are kind of hard to find and expensive new, here's a carb kit that has the one you need for under $20...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-Y...Q5fAccessories

Maybe someone has a spare one for you.
    Last edited by bikerphil; 08-19-2010, 05:54 PM.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

And is that the main Idle Screw? I realize theres one for each carb but isn't there a main one also?
      78 xs11

Comment

Do you need the large main idle adjustment screw for overall idle adjustment or are you refering to the jets?
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

Comment

I may have made a mistake by adding jet. The one I'm needing is the overall idle screw or bolt whichever its called.
          78 xs11

Comment

They are still available, Yamaha P/N 2H7-14922-00-00. If you google that part number, you'll find several vendors. Here's one...

http://www.nwvintagecycleparts.com/s...00-00&st=spart

If you want to double check the parts fiche...

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/my...starthere.aspx
            2H7 (79)
            3H3

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the help Phil
              78 xs11

Comment

No problem. I might add, many times your local Yammarobber dealer can get these old parts still, they just can't or don't want to look them up. If you have the part number, they can easily check their computer to see if it is still available. Good luck with getting your bike running.
                2H7 (79)
                3H3

Comment

good job phil

you went the distance ,thanks,, hats off to helping ,,this kind of thing makes this site great!1 ride safe all ,,slow mo!
                  The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
                  moemcnally@hotmail.com
                  i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Everyone has their favorite place to look up part numbers .I'm using Stadium Yamaha at present.

http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/p...campaign=brand
                    79SF
                    XJ11
                    78E

Comment

Originally posted by SFerinTEXAS View Post
                      Everyone has their favorite place to look up part numbers .I'm using Stadium Yamaha at present.

http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/p...campaign=brand
                      I always use the UK forum site. www.benefiscal.co.uk

It's funny, I just did the 850 final drive mod and the FD I got had a broken vent cap. I took the number into the local dealer, and they managed to locate "The last one available anywhere" for $25. I know that if I had just gone in there and asked for the "Final drive vent cap", they would have looked at me like a deer in the headlights.
                      Last edited by CatatonicBug; 08-20-2010, 08:13 AM.
                      1980 XS850SG - Sold
                      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                      -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by turbo loco View Post
                        Anyone know where I can find an Idle screw for a 78 xsE? A nearby Yamaha shop told me they're no longer in circulation due to age and I'm hurtin' for one. I'm in Dallas.
                        Hi turbo,
                        that's the single adjusting screw that sets how far all 4 carbs can close?
                        Thread an ordinary (M5?, M6?) bolt or Allen screw in there and adjust it with a wrench.
                        Fred Hill, S'toon
                        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                        X