Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crash Bar/Engine Guard interchangeability, Handling & Fuel Gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
    DG, pretty sure he has an XJ, so his oil warning light is for LEVEL, not pressure.

IIRC, the XJ has a factory fork brace.
    Amazing how they changed some things for the worse isn't it. I did miss it was an XJ, my error.

Ohh wait, is it ok for me to say that SFer???
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

my intent is to warn new guys to take what they get for answers with a grain of salt.

Since this is turning a bit personal, I also warn Beware Postaholics, they will find a way to say something to everybody. May be my bad, but true
      Last edited by SFerinTEXAS; 08-21-2010, 09:52 PM.
      79SF
      XJ11
      78E

Comment

I guess I missed the XJ part as well. Tkat fork braces are for the XS series of bikes.
        2-79 XS1100 SF
        2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
        80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
        Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Sincerely no offense to anyone, just a warning to new people that asking is not learning, just a beginning in direction with all other sources of info.

Got an e-mail that said Mars would be the same size as the moon this month. SCARES ME TO THINK HOW MANY PEOPLE MIGHT BELIEVE THAT.
          79SF
          XJ11
          78E

Comment

SF said:
            Got an e-mail that said Mars would be the same size as the moon this month. SCARES ME TO THINK HOW MANY PEOPLE MIGHT BELIEVE THAT.
            Hey, with the mars rovers taking all the samples, it COULD happen!
            Oh, and did I mention I do nuclear testing for a living??
            Just having fun, but I KNOW what you are saying about some of the people in this country!
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
              Hey, with the mars rovers taking all the samples, it COULD happen!
              That's the same thing I thought when I got that email (from my dad... I haven't told him)!

Maybe it's because the Martian polar ice caps are melting -- darn SUVs and those pesky Rovers aren't helping one bit!
              -- Scott
              _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
              1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
              1979 XS1100F: parts
              2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Oil light

For what it's worth, my XJ does the same thing with the oil light.
                When the level is in the middle of the sight glass range the light comes on, it goes off when the level is at the top of the full range.
                1980G Standard, Restored
                Kerker 4 - 1
                850 Rear End Mod
                2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                Automatic CCT
                1980GH Special, Restored
                Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by chanley28 View Post

2). The handling on my bike feels a little squirrelly at times, - - - maybe a little advice guys?

3). Every time I start the bike the red warning light comes on - - -

4). Saddle bags, I saw one guy had his bike outfitted with saddle bags, and a taller sissy bar, and a rack behind it with a nice hard case on it...... Where the **** do you find this stuff? - - -
                  Hi Chanley,
                  2) IMHO the XS/XJ 11s have more power than handling so even when everything is right your bike may feel kinda squirrelly at speed. "Let's be careful out there."
                  3) If the red light comes on with the key and goes out when the engine starts, that's how it's supposed to work.
                  OTOH if it stays on or if it comes on again when the bike is moving, it's telling you it needs more oil or that the sensor is f**ked.
                  4) New kit that fits? forget about it.
                  Used kit in good shape?
                  Swapmeets, garage sales, E-Bay, and right here in the parts for sale forum.
                  Fred Hill, S'toon
                  XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                  "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                  X