final drive questions?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the h*ll happend here?!...

hey there folks......see what happens when i don't check on you guys (and girls!) for 4 days.....you all hijack my thread and get all hinkey!.....
    (and who the h*ll brought the soap box?!)....
    ...(looking around) i mention the word "grease" and you all go technical and crazy?!...
    ..(stepping up on his "own" soap box)..
    ..(and h*ll yes, its bigger than the one over there in the corner!)...
    ...(the house lights dim and a single spot light shines upon "my" soap box!)
    ...i did not enter the land of the final drive..
    ..there were no leaks and i like it that way!...
    ...i did dig all kinds of crud out of both the wheel and final drive, cleaned it out and slathered some high temp valvoline grease on each.....
    ....the XS gods did shine upon me when i took the wheel in to change out the prophylatic....i left the bushing in the wheel and did not notice had done such until i got back with the wheel and it fell out on the driveway!....whew!!
    .....i sir, do not "tear up the countryside"!......i am a person of honor, with high standing in my local community, i donate my time helping save the planet, i'm a vegetarian that hugs trees, i stop in the middle of the road to let a mother duck and her little ducklings cross peacefully, i have a 4' x 4' hole in the ceiling of SWMBO's kitchen, i vote, and i own a gun!.....
    ....(ponders that last response).................................
    ...scr*w that, show me the countryside and let the tearing begin!....
    ...my neighbors love when i crack the throttle at 4:45 am every work day!
    ...i live in michigan....and i'm still standing!....
    ...i ride my "rebel devil" every chance i get and that helps the planet!
    ...GIVE ME STEAK OR GIVE ME DEATH!!
    ...i work in a wood shop and bring all of the scraps home and burn them in the fire pit!
    ...ducks....what ducks?!....(motorcycle roaring)....thud....."quack".....get the h*ll outta my way!
    ...the rest is true and factual!
    ...as far as using graphite on anything, my advise is "NO"!
    ...and if i see one of you pull out a "grease" science experiment, ya just might find yourself sleeping with da fishes!

...now i'm gonna leave you kids alone and ya better play nice.....i got some countryside to tear up, beer to drink, drywall to repair, taxes to pay, "hardleys" to smoke off the line and a rear tire just itching to smoke!!

(he steps off the soap box and fades into the darkness)
    (the spotlight dims and the house lights come back up as the crowd murmurs)
    ....ride hard, ride safe....ross
    rebel devil
    1979 xs 1100f standard
    authenic historical vehicle
    42°36'23.52"N, 82°52'44.78"W
    "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"
    "i got 14 jobs mon....you only got 1 job....you lazy bones mon"
    "if you don't wrench on it, get behind me satan!"
    '96 venture cct.....installed!
    stainless, braided, pvc coated brake lines
    i can translate...deustch, nederlands, 汉语, 漢語, français, ελληνικά, italiano, 한국어, português, русско, español and most importantly, 日本語....

Comment

Wow, Thats one helluva soap box ya got there....
      1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
      2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Oh, wow, man, you're back and you got duck all over my tofu slice and alfalfa sprout sandwich on 42-grain bread!

Oh well (tossing duck in oven), I'm going fishing off the coast tomorrow on the "Molly B'Darn", want a drumstick with some graphite gravy?
        -- Scott
        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
        1979 XS1100F: parts
        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

hey 3phase....since your making dinner can i get a side of tree hugger with that....sorry about your sandwich.....here, can i offer you a can of beer and a steak to appoligize?!.....ride hard, ride safe....ross
          rebel devil
          1979 xs 1100f standard
          authenic historical vehicle
          42°36'23.52"N, 82°52'44.78"W
          "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"
          "i got 14 jobs mon....you only got 1 job....you lazy bones mon"
          "if you don't wrench on it, get behind me satan!"
          '96 venture cct.....installed!
          stainless, braided, pvc coated brake lines
          i can translate...deustch, nederlands, 汉语, 漢語, français, ελληνικά, italiano, 한국어, português, русско, español and most importantly, 日本語....

Comment

A steak and a beer sounds great! Treehuggers are getting wary and so hard to catch!

I did manage to net a small school of marine biologists that were swimming in circles, following one another while trying to document whose bubbles were doing the most damage to the marina but once I hauled them in they were just really annoying and greasy so I threw them back and went for a ride.
            -- Scott
            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
            1979 XS1100F: parts
            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
            X