Anyone running fork boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running fork boots?

Hi guys, I like the old school look of fork boots (you know, those accordian type covers). Anyone using them or know where to get a pair that would fit a '79SF?
    '79 XS11 Special, fork gaiters, Uni pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, ditched the octy, solo seat, T kat fork brace

Purrs like a kitten, runs like a scalded cat

Yamaha should have some that would fit. Talk to the parts guys.

Triumph has some really nice gaiters for their bikes but they're really expensive. They are really nice though.

There are some universal-fit reflective Hippohands fork gaiters to go with your reflective vest, reflective pants, reflective helmet, reflective boots and reflective gloves.

If you're looking for used you'd have to check around, maybe on eBay.
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Some here... http://www.pyramid-parts.com/suspension/fork-gaiters
      1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
      2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

You should be able to find something on eBay that'll work for you......

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=for....c0.m270.l1313

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
        Last edited by bikerphil; 08-13-2010, 07:10 AM.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Good info. I was just wondering if there was a set that is known to be a good fit. I just took measurements and I'll see if I can match something up. Thank you all for your input.
          '79 XS11 Special, fork gaiters, Uni pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, ditched the octy, solo seat, T kat fork brace

Comment

here's my 1980 G

These fork boots are from Moose racing I think. They are bigger than some I've seen but I like them.

1980 XS1100G
            Tulsa, OK

Comment

^^^^Nice!^^^^ I also like the wrapped headers - that's what I did on my XR650. What kind of exhaust is that???

Comment

it's the mac 4 into 2 headers shortened and glasspacks for mufflers.
                1980 XS1100G
                Tulsa, OK

Comment

Originally posted by MeatTooth View Post
                  it's the mac 4 into 2 headers shortened and glasspacks for mufflers.
                  Personnaly, I don't like the look of gaiters, but it only takes one good rock pit in the wrong place and you would have fork seal problems. They really are a good idea.
                  Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Working...
                  X