What's the trick to gettin the forks apart?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 11Rider
    replied
    Thank you Brian. I hope it's that simple. I have the Special and yes, there is an allen bolt at the bottom of each fork. I thought that was simply the drain plug.

    Leave a comment:


  • BigRed
    replied
    Not sure which model you've got, but I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be an allan bolt in the bottom of the fork. To see it when it's on the bike, you need to put your head on the floor and look up.

    Hope that helps,
    Brian

    Leave a comment:


  • 11Rider
    started a topic What's the trick to gettin the forks apart?

    What's the trick to gettin the forks apart?

    Hi again my fellow 11 pals. The only thing on my bike that I want to investigate before any extended riding is the front forks. They are a little stiff and have a slight grind to them. Externally they look fine, seals appear to be good. I drained the oil and it looked good. I want to take them apart and check the internals. I'll be ordering a shop manual from ebay soon, but in the mean time can someone tell me what holds the inside tubes in the bottom of the fork legs so I can get them apart? Thank you.
Working...