Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a 1979 XS1100 tranny fit in a 1980 XS1100 Special?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a 1979 XS1100 tranny fit in a 1980 XS1100 Special?

I found a transmission I want for my bike that appears to be in good shape and I just want to get it while it's on the market. This transmission is listed under 79 XS1100, and mine is a 1980 XS1100 Special. I figure the engines are no different so it should be fine, but I just want to be sure. My transmission grinds a little bit when I shift to 4th gear and has had 2 false neutrals in the last couple of months, so I want to grab this tranny now.

All the parts on the Transmission microfiche for the 1979 'F' model are the same for the 1980 SG model - go ahead
    Brian
    XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
    Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

Thank you. So pretty much all XS1100s are mechanically the same?

Comment

They are basically the same 78 to 79 in 80 Yamaha changed the size of the valves in the head and also changed the carbs in 80 too.
        BDF Special
        80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
        Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Working...
        X