Fuel tank swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rev.Rick View Post
    I did the standard tank swap on my special with no ...Soooo, I believe and correct me if I'm wrong, because the xs850 petcocks fit right on the XS11standard tank, then the Manual petcocks from Mikexs should be a bolt on replacement for any and all desiring manuel petcocks on their xs11 standard tanks.....
    That makes sense 'cos the 1980 & onwards XS650 taps are the same part number as the XS11 standard taps.
    Brian
    XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
    Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

Originally posted by XSive Okie View Post
      If the fuel hose nipples on the intake boots are plugged off with vacuum caps, would that mean I have the manual petcocks? If so, were the manual type OE for the Special or has someone changed them?
      Richard, the XS11 Specials (but not the midnights) all had original taps that look like this ...

The taps fed fuel to the 'octy' (see below) which had a vacuum pipe connected to the No.2 carb to engine rubber. No.'s 1, 3 & 4 are capped off.
      Brian

Comment

Lamric, those look like my petcocks, but as I look at the fuel lines again, I notice I do not have the "octy", and the #2 boot is not capped or connected to a hose. It's just sitting open, probably sucking as much dirt in as it can!
        Richard
        '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
        '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

Going outside to look for the octy one more time to make sure it's not there.
          Richard
          '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
          '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

Yeah, best I can tell the octy is a goner, hoses seem to come off the valves straight into the carbs.
            Richard
            '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

Here's the octy, sitting on top of the carbs, lefthand side. This view is with the tank off, front of the bike is to the left of picture.
              Brian

Comment

Working...
              X