Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to get an aftermarket '81 xs1100s seat foam and cover???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to get an aftermarket '81 xs1100s seat foam and cover???

Does anyone know where i can find a good quality aftermarket seat foam and cover for an '81 xs1100 special? the old foam is unrepairable. the seat is tiered having two levels (the back part of the seat tiers up for the passenger to be higher). it is original with the pleats. The metal bottom plate is good with no rust. original style is what im wanting but im no longer choosy with how difficult its been trying to find ANYTHING. also, how much should i expect to spend. if anyone has a site other than ebay for me to look at please let me know. thanks so much.

navy528

I have seen zero offerings for 'stock' seat foam (and I've looked), but you can get reproduction OEM covers from these guys....
    http://www.motorcycleseatcovers.com/...ake=YAMAHA&HP=
    You can even get different colors. A couple of listers have used these and there's been no negative reports. As far as the foam, you can buy foam and build your own, or have an upholstery shop do it for you.

The only 'new' cover/foam sets I've seen are for King/Queen-type seats, found on EBay and I think JC Whitney, although there's probably other vendors. But I think some of these are 'universal' kits, so who knows how good the fit would be.

'78E original owner
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

hi nate!

in my case i went to a boat upholster guy and had a gel pad inserted in and my seat recovered,, he removed the old yellow foam and lowered my seat height,, it was under 100 bucks and i think well worth it ,,ride safe ,,slow mo!
      The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
      moemcnally@hotmail.com
      i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

I would agree with slow mo and find a local upholsterer and have them do what you want to the original seat pan. It might not be cheap but its the best way to get what you want and you know it will fit on the bike!
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

If you want to stay with the stock look, an upholstery shop can also use your old cover as a pattern for making a new one.
          Ken Talbot

Comment

heres what ive found last night

saddleman's #XY152, website is www.hyperformanceparts.com
            the stuff there is real cheap compared to other sites and on sale till about the end of august. im going to order a stage three dynojet jet set too from there. cheapest ive found. thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X