oil cooler hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil cooler hoses

any thoughts on changing dia.??? mine had 3/8'' changed to quater. i have the after market cooler with the hoses taped into the block and head. not the oil filter cover. i'd like to find one of those to eliminate all the hoses running over the motor.

anyone think the quarter inch will cause probs in the meantime???
    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

I had the same kind of setup on mine, and IIRC it had 3/8 ID lines that ran over the top of the motor. The oil pipe that it replaced is only 1/4", but the taps on the radiator were bigger, and I think that's why it had the 3/8 hoses. If you can get 1/4" ID hoses over the fittings I doubt it will cause any problems. My solution was to get rid of the whole mess and put the factory oil pipe back on - too much of a pain every time I wanted to take the valve cover off. Funny thing is I didn't see much difference in the temp with it removed.
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

well with the bike running the to line is too hot to touch. the return line is much colder
      " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
      xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
      8mm msd wires
      tkat fork brace...
      Fox shocks...
      mikes650 front fender
      led's gallore...
      renthal bars
      gold valve emulators
      vmax tensioner
      Rifle fairing

Comment

Working...
      X