No announcement yet.

XJ electrical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the correct battery and the sensor is hooked up. It was working but now it isn't, acid level is correct as well but light still comes on. Has any of the XJ owners out there had this sensor fail?
    Just ME and my 82 XJ 1100. Mac 4>1-2 1/2" open baffle shotgun, no octy, K&N pod filters, LED tail/brake light & directionals, 750 FD mod, Ear Cannon air horn, modified bars and dash. "Motorcyclists are all bound together by a brotherhood tie through their love of the sport, and what difference does it make what machine he rides as long as he belongs to the clan." Walter Davidson, Dec. 1920 edition of Harley-Davidson Enthusiast Magazine http://s851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/justme1100/

Comment

Yes, I had the problem after I took possession of the bike from the po. Checked out the batter and was okay, but several years old, also low on water. Refilled and checked out sensor. Ended up replacing battery and new sensor and works great, no further problems.

Comment

Where do you buy new sensors for the battery?
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

On the XJbikes.com site, the upper right hand corner is a vendor called XJ4ever. They have all the hard-to-find "XJ" stuff. Great seller and top quality stuff.

Comment

Thanks man.
            2H7 (79)
            3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
            X