running / but??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running / but??

Alright Finally got her up and running. still lots of little issues to work out but getting some milage on her now.

First issue that needs fixed. I've lost the damn screw for the Idle control knob. Soooo after riding her and geting a little vibration (strutted rear end) the idle changes. It vibrates in a ways so i am running around 2-2500 rpm at a stop. This is no big deal and easily fixable. Problem is when it vibrates the other way. You go to down shift for a light and all the sudden your stalling out because the idle has dropped waaay low.

What size is this screw? Can i find ANY kind of replacement at Home Depot ,Lowes etc? Is there a way to set it and use anything to jam it, tape it, wire it in place temporarily till I can get a spring ordered?

Gary
    Gary King
    79 xs 1100 special/ standard front end
    bobbed with love.

Originally posted by gk45241 View Post
    Alright Finally got her up and running. still lots of little issues to work out but getting some milage on her now.

First issue that needs fixed. I've lost the damn screw for the Idle control knob. Soooo after riding her and geting a little vibration (strutted rear end) the idle changes. It vibrates in a ways so i am running around 2-2500 rpm at a stop. This is no big deal and easily fixable. Problem is when it vibrates the other way. You go to down shift for a light and all the sudden your stalling out because the idle has dropped waaay low.

What size is this screw? Can i find ANY kind of replacement at Home Depot ,Lowes etc? Is there a way to set it and use anything to jam it, tape it, wire it in place temporarily till I can get a spring ordered?

Gary
    If you find the right threaded screw then just put a nut on there and tighten it against the bracket so that it cant turn.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

threads wtf?

Hi,

I am not sure what it is that youre asking, is it the spring or the screw thats missing. If its a spring, any top shelf hardware store should be able to help.

Ive tried to look for that screw thread here locally, I have a great metric bolt supplier, here, home of DowChemical, and no way. They were totally mystified as to what it was. I am guessing that thread is 0.5 or 0.6 mm.

I believe thats a five mm bolt, but the thread is very very fine. Try yamaha dealer or a scrapper like Andreas. Someone is sure to have an old setup that they can spare one off of. It may be good to put an ad in the parts wanted section here too.
      Last edited by tadtl1; 07-10-2010, 12:06 AM.
      80 MNS , Georgefix pods , crossed fuel lines, no octy, inline filters, Daytona handlebar, custom seat, Hardley 19 muffs

Comment

Working...
      X