Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reading spark plugs

hello again Gentlemen,
    I pulled the plugs just to check whats going on in there, and checked with the NGK web site. #1 is definatly rich, #2 and #3 look like the "Dry fouling" picture on the site. #4 is dead on where it should be. What causes dry fouling? Acording to the site it has something to do with plug wires. How do i test and fix whatever is causing this?

Thanks again!
    Tony

78 xs11 aftermarket 4-2 HD mufflers, whats left of it is stock. A work in progress for sure.

searches will bring stuff up.

here is a good thread for ya

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...hlight=reading

Good luck!
    Webs
    1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
    1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Plug wires

Are solid core on the stock coils.
      The plug cap screws on and is a resistor cap.
      Not unusual for the end of the plug wire to get some corrosion which you can trim off 1/4 to 1/2 inch, clean the cap and screw it back on.

mro
      BTW, info might be in the tech tips

Comment

Working...
      X