New here and newto me xs1100sh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here and newto me xs1100sh

First post. Just wanted to say hello. I just picked up an 81 xs1100s that has 9k miles and has sat for the last 12 years. Physically she is in almost pristine condition. I haven't tried to start her up yet and want to ask if there is a specific thread for the procedures to get her back on the road. What to do as well as what not to do. Not new to cycles just new to the xs1100. Currently own a 76 Goldwing gl1000 that I totally rebuilt and a 93 Goldwing gl1500. Thanks in advance.

Tbell

Welcome, I am a new owner as well, and have got great advice from some of the posters on here. I would say read through the tech tips found on the homepage, other than that not sure. My XS1100 was currently being ridden when I purchased it so didn't really have to do anything except put gas in the tank and clean the windshield. Awesome bikes though!
    Richard
    '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
    '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

Greetings and welcome.

Almost certainly the first thing you should check the tank for old gas. That will probably be the starting point to get the bike into running condition.

Here is a good place to start looking.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792

A good place to get a manual is from the link to CatatonicBugs own web site. The link is at the bottom of any of his posts.
      RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Welcome and god luck with the bike! This is a great place to be!
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Hey welcome here, also new and proud owner of a XS 1.1
          XS 1.1 '84 Midnight Special
          Honda CBX 250 2009
          Kempton Park
          Johannesburg
          South Africa
          Jan

Comment

Working...
          X