Pics of the Yoshi pipe installed...plus some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of the Yoshi pipe installed...plus some

Thanks to the venerable Rasputin, I have aquired an original Yoshimura race pipe for my 80G. I worked it over and installed it, and have to say that this blows the ol Mac 4-1 out of the water. This pipe was definately designed for performance of the big 4. I have jetted two sizes up since installing it (it was jetted on the dyno for the Mac 4-1) and I may have to go up a few yet dpending upon the what the dyno says. It breathes like no other, and flat out howls when you are racing from 45K on up. Rare and awesome, and brought to me by Rasputin! Thanks man! And now, pics:

Thanks for looking guys, I know it can be appreciated here!
    Healthy is merely the slowest rate at which you can die

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Looks great kinda. Like my bassani nice mean growl I bet
    91 kwaka kz1000p
    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Way Cool

Like the Cafe'y style goen on here!
      At this time:
      1985 Goldwing Innr.
      1976 cb 750 cafe racer
      2007 vtx 1300
      81 sx 1100 s h
      81 sx 400 special

Comment

Nice, does it have a muffler or just a pipe?
        79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
        80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
        80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
        79 DT 100

Comment

Nice to see it being made use of instead of hanging in my garage. Looks pretty sharp on your style of bike I must say. You might want to send a few pics to Lamric and he could update his page with a pic of your bike instead of the ones he has of mine. I hope you can put a video up of the sound once you get it all done. I would love to hear what it sounds like on a great running bike. When I did the video the bike barely ran and I did not really know how to shoot a vid.
          2-79 XS1100 SF
          2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
          80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
          Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Sweet bike ! I like the diamond plate work behind the seat.
            Mike Giroir
            79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Good looking bike, and the exhaust looks great. Can you change your oil with the header on?
              1980 XS1100LG Midnight
              1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
              A quick death and an easy one.
              A pretty girl and an honest one.
              A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Very nice looking, cant wait to hear and see it in motion. Post a drve by when you get a chance. How's the ground clearance, any issues?
                '79 XS11 F
                Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Thanks, guys!
                  It actually does have a muffler, or at least a baffle set up. It is all the same size from the collector back, though. I will try to get some vid up when I get a chance, since this thing sounds eally nice. Probably the only downside is that I cannot change the oil without taking it off. Oh well, I guess, you just can't have it all I thought ground clearance would be an issue, but it is actually improved from the Mac, since the muffler is actually higher in a RH turn. Overall clearance is low, but for a performance road bike...meh!
                  Healthy is merely the slowest rate at which you can die

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                  X