Brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake lines

I am looking to put new brake lines on the front and rear. On the front I just wanted to run 2 from the master cylinder instead of through a splitter. What I noticed is that the factory lines have a slight bend in the banjo bolts but it looks like there is room that a straight banjo may fit. Has anyone used straight banjos with success?
    '79 XS11 Special

MikeXS Pods
    Green Coils
    SS Brake Lines

Originally posted by benxs1100 View Post
    I am looking to put new brake lines on the front and rear. On the front I just wanted to run 2 from the master cylinder instead of through a splitter. What I noticed is that the factory lines have a slight bend in the banjo bolts but it looks like there is room that a straight banjo may fit. Has anyone used straight banjos with success?
    Hi Ben,
    my XS11SG has 2 s/s lines from the m/c to the calipers.
    Perhaps straight banjos would work at the m/c but I doubt they'd clear the calipers.
    If you are getting custom lines made, use a piece of single conductor household wire bent into into place on the bike to determine the length.
    Tell the builder the banjos should be clocked at 180º and I reckon, a 7º to 10º bend on each.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
    X