carb syncing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb syncing

I just read the tutorial for carb syncing but was wondering if there was a way to accomplish this with a sync tool for 2 carbs that I have available to me rather than having to buy the sync tool for 4 carbs.
    '79 XS11 Special

MikeXS Pods
    Green Coils
    SS Brake Lines

yup, no problem.....when you look you'll find you have 3 adjusting screws, one between #1 and #2 (lets call this A), one between #2 and #3 (this one B), and one between #3 and #4 (and C),#3 doesn't have an adjustment, it is set by the big idle screw.

First attach your tool to carbs 3 and 4, the ones on the right hand side of the bike. Synch those two carbs, using screw C.
    Next attach your tool to carbs 1 and 2, the two you didn't do first. Synch them up using screw A.
    Finally attach your tool to carbs 1 and 4 (you could use 2 and 3, but I find 1 and 4 easier to reach), adjust the center screw B until they match.

Now go back and do it again to make sure they are all the same, sometimes adjustments on one can change the others a little.
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for the fast and informative response!
      '79 XS11 Special

MikeXS Pods
      Green Coils
      SS Brake Lines

Comment

Working...
      X