I need a backrest....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a backrest....

The back rest on my 80G is about 12 or 14 inches tall. It is square as it was the original backrest that went with the original Yamaha trunk. It is adjustable forward and back via the sliding tube in the luggage rack. I would like to find a back rest to replace this with one that is only about 6 inches tall. There are three screws that secure this backrest to the tubular frame. Has anyone seen smaller backrests like this. I saw one on an XS that sold on eBay a while back but the guy didn't respond to me. I've looked around in the bike catalogs but no luck. Did Yamaha make something like this maybe? The original is in perfect condition but I really liked the look of a shorter one. I have totally undressed my XS with the exception of the luggage rack and backrest. If I ever decide to get rid of the Fairing, bags, and truck I would like the original back rest to go with it because it is made to fit in the well of the trunk. I will quit rambling now. Any suggestions?

backrest

I'm looking for the backrest you described that you have. Do you want to sell it? Thanks
    Midnight Rider

1980 XS1100LG

Intruder Alert!!!

2002 Suzuki Intruder VS800GL

XSive rules. Ride it like you stole it, unless it's mine. Then just PUTT, PUTT, PUTT!!!

Happy XSing

Comment

backrest

Hey chawks, looking for the same thing for my 81Venturer1100, as I have the Yammy Accessory trunk, same Indigo blue as the bike. Bought it new bought a week after buying bike new, had it free-hand pin-striped at a wing rally back in 82 to match the side cases. It has the recess for the lower backrest also. Saw one NOS on ebay last fall, and it went for over $80. There few and far between, but done a Yammy accessory back in the day. Since I had mounted my trunk to be adjustable back and forth on the carrier rack, if I can't come across one of the lower rest, gonna have a cushion done and curved on the outer portion of trunk corners just like the indentation on trunk. Also have it done in same pattern as the Corbin tour seat and junt use velcro tabs in about six places to attach it. The taller stock rest is a pain when opening trunk lid. I even have an extra rack with the adjustable slider rest that needs to be recovered. Chrome is perfect on it, but was repaired ahead of the frontal support just behind where it bolts on in the front on both sides. PO that had it before I got bike back must've picked up rear one too many times lifting from under rear of rack, who knows. Got one that hasn't been broke from the ebay gods, cleaned up good cept parts went down to the nickel to clean up. Its on, but will have to have it rechromed , but it does have the serrated finger locks and all works and is structerally perfect. Knew i'd kick myself for not trying to win that new lower rest......hindsight is 20-20.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
      X