lost kick start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost kick start

So I am currently taking my 78' on a cross country trip. I am by no mean a mechanic and did something to my starter before I left. Pretty positive the problem does not lay in the battery, must have pulled some wire while changing the handlebars.

Anyway, I have been kick starting her across country and have been doing well until just outside of Chicago, the kick start fell off!

I didn't even realize it at first. Anyone have any clue on where I could order another or am I going to have to attempt to fab my own?

Thanks.

You can use the electric starter by jumping across the two large connectors on the solenoid, key on. make sure it's in neutral. OR find a hill and bump-start it.

Comment

There are a few folks who have put the kick start lever from an XS750/850 on these bikes also. I would suspect you could find one at many of the MC parts yards.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

where abouts outside of chicago??? in in the south suburbs about 10 miles off I80 just west of the indiana line.let me know i can prob rescue you
        when in doubt...get a bigger hammer
        '78 XS11e, '79 XS11sf,'81 Mazda RX7, '83 XJ650lj Turbo, '95 Ford F150, '93 Chevy K2500, '04 Honda Pilot,
        '89 Arctic Cat Wildcat, '89 Arctic Cat El Tigre 530, '81 Arctic Cat Trailcat 340, '79 john deere trailfire 440,
        '78 Cadillac Seville
        Don't steal the government hates competition

Comment

Working...
        X