I warned the POS not to P*ss me off! - Pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I warned the POS not to P*ss me off! - Pic

Here is what happens when you are really really mad at your XS for letting you down. ;-)

http://www.nisa.net/~chook/bike%20pics/shot-bike.JPG
    Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

LOL, nice.... I see the engine has been repainted.

This is how an original black engine looks like

But I like yor paintjob tho...
    And I really need to get some more recent pics of my eleven.

LP
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

I thought about filing the edge of the fins, but decided to leave it the way it was. I have played with a no. of original MIdnight Specials and the paint is totally different to what I did.
      Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

Hmmm picture is all of a sudden unavailable. Let's put it here and see if it shows up instead. Weird.

http://schools.sd68.bc.ca/bayv/Court.../shot-bike.jpg

See if that makes it show up!! :-)

Comment

Hi Courtney
          I can send you some 158gn .354 hbwc that you can load backwards to get a better pattern OR where did you get the decals ?
          jIM
          Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
          Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
          and SOXS
          2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Courtney... that looks like the same high temp paint i did my engine with...
            Shawn
            78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
            78 XS1100E Parts
            www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Gary Granger
              Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
              2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

I suppose that brings you back to just about the tank capacity of a Special, eh Courtney?
                Ken Talbot

Comment

Glad to see someone else with a flat black bike. I just painted my Special flat black and I really like the look. I am in the process of sand blasting my extra fenders (bought on eBay so I don't screw up the originals) and going to paint them black too. I went so far as to remove all decals and logos from my bike and fill in the holes. I wonder if I can solder the Yamaha name in on the side of the engine so that only real XSives know what the machine is. *grin*
                  1979 XS1100 Special with 81 carbs

Richmond, Virginia, USA

Comment

That similar to my Mongrel. It's an 80 Special with a 79 standard front end and gauges and I'll be putting a standard tank on it later. I'll post some pix as soon as I have a place to put them.

Geezer
                    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

did someone say blacked out and stealth...the only places it gives a hint is where it says "Yamaha" on the engine case covers.
                      Last edited by sksxs1100; 08-27-2003, 06:15 PM.
                      Shawn
                      78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
                      78 XS1100E Parts
                      www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Working...
                      X