Front brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front brakes

Can anyone explain why my front brakes seem to lock while sitting on very warm or hot days? I have rebuilt the calipers and M/C and have thoroughly bled them. However..I still have to loosen the bleeder screws on both sides before I can free them up.
    Some days you're the pigeon..and some days you're the statue/

1979 XS1100f
    Saddle bags, small wind screen and non-original rear shocks. Otherwise..completely stock.

If they loosen when you open the bleeder, then it is most likely either blocked spooge hole, or you still have air in there that is expanding when it gets hot.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

My guess would be spooge hole. Rebuilding the master cylinder is good, but you have to remove the reservoir to get at the spooge hole.
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

My guess is spooge hole too!
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Being an Emergency Nurse taught me one thing...

Blocking the "Spooge Hole" can be a bad thing - get it taken care of immediately!
          John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
          '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
          Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Working...
          X