smiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smiles

90,000 miles later, my '79 xs11, still makes me smile, cruising up the feeway, yesterday, lots of traffic, no cops, just a little twist, and I'm cruising at 100 mph, passing everything in sight. LOL. Later 'Dog

Hey dog-any major work done?
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Cool, glad the old beast still brings a smile. It is something else that these bikes take almost no twist of the grip to jump speed tremendously.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Good.

Makes me look forward to the next 73k miles!
        1979 XS1100SF (4-1 Kerker, XS Pods, 145 mains, 45 pilots, drag bars, blacked out)

Comment

No major work, (knocking on wood). bought it in 2001, had only 12,000 miles on it, have put 78,000 on it in the last nine years, kept fluids changed, all of them, new plugs every couple years, clean carbs on ce a year, I don't baby it, even though it is a full dresser, have popped wheelies on it, run with gold wings, at full speed, only changed the pick-up coils, as the plate started wearing out, put another wheel on front due to bearings wearing out. That about covers it. Still love it. Later 'Dog

Comment

Great job!
            1980 XS1100 SG
            Inline fuel filters
            New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
            160 mph speedometer mod
            Kerker Exhaust
            xschop K & N air filter setup
            Dynojet Recalibration kit
            1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
            1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

I cant wait to get mine running good and finally get to take her out and use her for more than a mile or so at a time!
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights
              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines
              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Smiles!!!

I took my 79 XS1100f standard up to 135 m.ph.h. one time. Several miles of straight, open highway and not another vehicle in sight. Clear and dry weather.
                While I don't suggest riding a 31 year old motorcycle this way it was pure delight. The machine was smooth and steady. I know it could have done more with very little encouragement from me. Howver..the World changes in triple digits. I eased "The Elf" (as I call her) back to 85 m.p.h. and reflected a bit.
                I am a 53 year old man that is a very conservative rider.
                Some days you're the pigeon..and some days you're the statue/

1979 XS1100f
                Saddle bags, small wind screen and non-original rear shocks. Otherwise..completely stock.

Comment

55 here, and I know what you mean, but last summer before changing the pick-up coil plate, one of my buddies on a harley got me in the quarter, that;s when I decided to find the problem and fix it, later in the summer we were cruising the freeway, and I let him know it was fixed, run it up to 135, and he was way back in my rearview, still had more, but backed off, have not had the guts to see, just where it tops out. I know I was close to top, but it didn't feel like it was. LOL. Later 'Dog

Comment

Working...
                  X