fender question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fender question

ive seen pics of a 1100 with a street glide rear fender style. where can i find something like that or would it need to be fabricated ?

You mean the ones that we point and laugh at? You'd have to modify a fender to fit the frame somehow. There are no direct bolt-on options for these bikes.

Welcome to the forum, BTW!
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by 1100enthusiest View Post
      ive seen pics of a 1100 with a street glide rear fender style. where can i find something like that or would it need to be fabricated ?
      If you decide to go for one of these, try to find one of the OEM hinged units. Otherwise you may find yourself having to pull the rear fender to get the rear wheel off...

'78E original owner
      Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
      '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
      '82 XJ rebuild project
      '80SG restified, red SOLD
      '79F parts...
      '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
      '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
      '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
      '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
      Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
      Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by 1100enthusiest View Post
        Hi Enthusiest and welcome,
        your profile says you have a Midnight Special?
        Now while I pick on those who hardtail their bikes, if you modify a MNS everybody will pick on you.
        Except me.
        If you want a big wraparound rear fender, go for it.
        And while Crazy Steve is correct in that you can't get the rear wheel out with a big fender there, he's too young to remember the Royal Enfield.
        After simply slacking off four nuts and unplugging the lights wiring the Enfield rear fender lifts completely away to give complete rear wheel access.
        You will need to make special bracketry to attach a different rear fender anyway so you may as well do it right.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

found a fabricatior

i found a neighbor that will work for beer says i get a fender he will cut it down and custom fit it for me so i'm good thanks all and i might make it a little shorter pics to follow

Comment

Working...
          X