No announcement yet.

it just aint right....an its buggin me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it just aint right....an its buggin me.

i just couldnt leave well enuff alone so now i realy got it all screwed up! im still tryin get my carbs sync i was real close it ran good but now the idel goes up the warmer my engine gets .? i took em back off an presync em that got me were im startin to get close agin .how do u keep these vacum gauges frokm jumpin around so much? i got 4 brnd new ones they dont jump near as bad as the ones i was borrowin but still a lot. any one got any suggestions ? im with in sight of the end of my rope i want go ride my 11!

I used a piece of PVC pipe to steady the pulsations, but I only have one guage. You could use something with a very small hole, in line, also. You might think about checking to make sure all of the guages show the same reading by connecting them to one source of vacuum at the same time. If they are not exactly the same, it could make your sync job out of sync.
    Bill Murrin
    Nashville, TN
    1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
    1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
    2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
    2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
    1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
    2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

If your gauges dont have damping screws (obviously not) then put some small aquarium taps in the hoses. Or use some screw adjustable fuel hose clamps(slightly squashed). The needles only need to flicker a few millimetres.

Comment

Re: it just aint right....an its buggin me.

One other thing. Synchronizing the vacuum is for low rpm vacuum balancing. If you open the throttles and equalize them, they will be way off near idle!

Originally posted by bobbjhnsn
        i just couldnt leave well enuff alone so now i realy got it all screwed up! im still tryin get my carbs sync i was real close it ran good but now the idel goes up the warmer my engine gets .?
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Working...
        X