I give up, come get this POS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I give up, come get this POS.

Well, I have f**ked around with this bike for a week now, and thanks to Dave Hogue, recieved another ballast resistor. I installed it, and nothing changed, except that now, I don't have a headlight either. I have checked everything possible and can't figure it out. I'm really bummed out. I have a pretty small patience level as it is, and right now I'd like to shoot the f**king thing full of holes with my 9mm. I am fed up with working on old pieces of **** like this. I can see why Deano and other guys buy new bikes so you don't need to screw with stuff all the time. Am I pissed off? You bet, this bike is a POS.

Courtney
    Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

It's beginning to sound like you may have some bad switches. Try unplugging the switch from the right side of the handle bar and jumpering kill switch the leads from the harness.

It's possible the left switch is bad too but I'd focus on getting the ignition up and going first. When I first got the Mongrel all the switches were bad. I repaired the right switch replaced the left one and disassembled and cleaned the ignition switch. All are working OK now. The switch I replaced had some broken solder joints that worked intermittently.

It's also possible that you have the pick up coil problem. Connect the ohmmeter to the pick up coil wires and then wiggle the wires as all along their length. If there's a break, you'll find it.

Now if you really want to get rid of it, I'm directly south of you and I've always been meaning to visit Canada. ;o)

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
    X