Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Continuing saga of the ballast resistor - update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuing saga of the ballast resistor - update.

I fired up my bike again today, and let it idle for about 15 minutes, of course it would not die which is what is so frustrating about electrical gremlins. Because I had it running with the tank off, using a remote gastank, I fiddles with all the wires all over the bike, including pickups etc etc.
    Nothing. It ran like a top. As I sat looking at the ballast resistor, I noticed that we had bent it down a little to read the lettering on the top, so decided I would bend it back up as it is supposed to be. Bear in mind this was only bent down about a 1/4" to read the lettering.

As I bent it back up the bike choked, crapped and stopped. I turned off the igntion and then turned it back on, but it only attempted to fire a bit, and even feebly, then just turned over and over again. No spark to the plugs again!!!

I then pulled the two wires off the ballast resistor and jumped the two still on the wiring harness end. I figured this must bypass the resistor??? It still won't start???? I thought it should fire up now because I took the ballast resistor out of the loop? Did I do something wrong? Am I missing something?

Courtney
    Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.
Working...
X