Gear Shift Seal..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Shift Seal..

I have an oil leak coming from where the shaft of the gearshift comes through the left side case cover. An old post from TC lists a part number Yamaha 93102-12106 for this seal. I checked the fiche on Bike Bandit but it doesn't show it..
    Anyone got a source for this seal?

Thanks in Advance...

Gareth.

Gareth, very little oil gets there, just a splashing. Is it leaking from the center or the seal-to-case joint? If from the seal-to-case, it can be re-sealed. JAT.:

OIL SEAL,SD-TYPE
    (SD 12-22-5 HS)

Bikebandit number 4983-001
    Last edited by randy; 05-23-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Good point..I'll check tomorrow..
      Thanks, Randy.

G.

Comment

shifter shaft seal STILL available from Yamaha! Part number is 93102-12321-00 as I am looking at the package as I type right now. Price is $4.89 as it is on the Yammy packaging.....
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Garth

PM me if it is the seal. I will have to look to find out where but I bought one a couple months ago. JFYI you can get by using +/-1 mm thickness with no problems.
          '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
          Original except:
          120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
          4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
          Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
          All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
          Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

Working...
          X