80 standard with jardine spagetti pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 standard with jardine spagetti pipes

Found a parts bike with a jardine 4-2 spagetti setup on it today was wondering about the price of the system alone. The motor is locked up(left outside for untold years without carbs), the tank has already been poorly kreamed, appears to have Pacifico fairing and a Vetter trunk on a rack. The switches and the seat are toast but it does have a clear title. Was wondering if I pick this up what I could get for the exhaust because I only wanted the frame. BTW is there a difference between standard and special frames. Thanks gurus.
    79 xs11sf
    80 xs11g-bagger
    81 xs11g-project(trike/chop?)
    80 xs400 special(wife's trainer)

There are only few tiny differences between the frames. Things like the mounting bracket for the emergency kick-start lever, or the spot to hold the chain lock holder. Otherwise, I believe they are almost identical from '78-'81.

What kind of condition are the pipes in? Non-rusted, I would imagine an ambitious buyer would pay $200+ for them.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

jardine

Thanks Catatonicbug, I didn't get down and really inspect the pipes but they didn't appear too bad . There was a little rust on the muffler but nothing significant. I didn't notice any serious rust on header either.
      79 xs11sf
      80 xs11g-bagger
      81 xs11g-project(trike/chop?)
      80 xs400 special(wife's trainer)

Comment

Do the Jardine Mufflers have a crossover or not? I sold John my Jardine crossovers and I lost some low end in the process.
        "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Originally posted by Winterhawk View Post
          Do the Jardine Mufflers have a crossover or not? I sold John my Jardine crossovers and I lost some low end in the process.
          I depends on which set you have, the set I have with the turn out mufflers (like a MAC) doesn't have a crossover. The other set I have (straight mufflers) does have a crossover.

Larry
          Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
          http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
          82 XJ1100
          80 XS1100G (Project bike)
          64 Yamaha YA-6
          77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
          See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Mine has the 4 into 2 spaghetti pipes with megaphone mufflers, and it has an "H" bar running between the left and right side exhausts.

Actually, the pipes look good on mine, but the mufflers are shot. Since the mufflers are welded onto the pipes, has anyone had the mufflers cut off and re-welded new mufflers onto this system?
            1981 XS1100H "Venturer"

Comment

Working...
            X