Gone fichin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gone fichin'

I see all too many threads asking questions that can quickly be answered by the Yamaha fiche. Now I'm not saying you shouldn't ask the questions, as it gives us all something to do , but when your immersed in your work at 2:00 in the a.m., the fiche can be the fastest way to get your questions answered. Everything from parts diagrams, to jet sizes, to octopus pipe routing, to original factory equipment info is there. I've noticed quite a few new members lately, and as all may not be aware that the fiche exists, I just thought I would mention it. If this has piqued your curiosity, click on this link, select "proceed to parts catalog", enter the particulars on your machine, and have a ball.

This has been a public service announcement from someone with too much time on their hands .
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

LMAO Thanks for the link, but it doesnt tell me what kind of oil to use...
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Ohhh no you didn't

Wmarsh don't go there. Touchy subject around here.
      Eric (South of Greensboro, NC)
      82 XJ1100 "Echos" Mostly Stock
      Matthew 4:19 "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men"

Comment

LMAO Thanks for the link, but it doesnt tell me what kind of oil to use
        Unfortunately to get that one answered you have to ask the question. That way everyone gets to put they're $.02 in, and you can end up more confused than when you started .

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Oil!

I don't need to know about oil, I need to know about TYRES. Or is it TIRES?
          Whatever.
          RODS454
          "I'd rather be fishin'"
          1980sg "Cruise Missle"
          2002A Goldwing

Comment

RODS454.......that's TARES!
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Tires and oil in the same thread - this won't end well .

Comment

Originally posted by dbeardslee View Post
                Tires and oil in the same thread - this won't end well .
                Thats true. But what type of blinker fluid should you run in these wonderful bikes?

Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
                Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
                Pod Filters
                DynoJet Kit
                T.C.'s Fuse Block
                Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
                Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
                V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

But what type of blinker fluid should you run in these wonderful bikes?
                  Varies from year to year. I'm pretty sure you need a 90 degree smoke bender to get the old stuff out, though.

Comment

Originally posted by dbeardslee View Post
                    Varies from year to year. I'm pretty sure you need a 90 degree smoke bender to get the old stuff out, though.
                    Don't happen to know where a guy could get his hands on a good, low mileaged, one-ownered, 90 degree smoke bender, do ya?? LOL

Just askin'....
                    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

if anyones interested I have that complete fiche for the 80 special, including part numbers on my harddrive as a pdf file. PM me your email addy if you want a copy. Can get the others as well if needed.
                      Last edited by b.walker5; 05-15-2010, 04:53 PM.
                      1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                      2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Working...
                      X