Refurbishing badges??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbishing badges??

Has anyone tried to refurbish the tank badges or side cover badges? I have them on my 78 but the finish has worn off. Wondering if anyone has tried to get the shine back in the gold "chrome". The price of new badges makes me want to experiment.

One member (cant remember who) went the whole 10 yards and put new gold on them. Striped them down and painted the sides black then applied adheasive to the tops and then applied gold leaf... I cant quite remember who it was or if I used the proper name for it... Im not sure of any way to make them look better. Good topic though, cant say Ive seen too many discuss it.
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
      Good topic though, cant say Ive seen too many discuss it.
      All most as much as a oil thread but indeed a good topic
      BDF Special
      80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
      Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Try here....

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...ld+leaf+badges
        1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
        2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Working...
        X