82 xj service manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 xj service manual

any one by chance have an exclusive 82 xj service manual on cd-rom. (i've seen them floating around on ebay ) I would be happy to pay for a copy. I don't want to tear into the tranny without some direction and the yama-dog dealer wants a crisp $67 to special order it.

also has any one tried the generic exhaust slip ons from jc whitney? it looks like the center stand stops would havce to be relocated but other than that it looks as if they would work.

thanks daryl

Rob Mills' CD is not exclusive to the XJ, but you won't find a better deal. Check it out in this thread
    Ken Talbot

Comment

2 CD's

This guy has some on 2 CD's
      E-mail him if you're not sure about specific model coverage

http://members.tripod.com/dave_jack/id47.htm

Sells them cheap also.

-Justin

Comment

When you are looking for parts, try Zanotti Motors:

Zanotti Motor Co. Inc.
        170 Pittsburgh Road_
        Butler, Pa._ _16001

OPEN M-W-F: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm,
        T-TH: 9:00am - 6:00pm,_
        Sat: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm

TEL _(724) 283-2777 _ FAX _(724) 283-0383

E-mail: Zanmot@aol.com
        Web page: http://www.zanottimotor.com/

They give excellent service and discount prices to XS/XJ members. They also carry other brands and accessories, also discounted. Best if you have the part numbers when you contact them, though, and the parts microfiche (see below) is great for this.

Rob Mill's CD included both the XJ Service Manual and microfiche parts listings. I hve both the printed and CD manuals; it is nice to be able to print off only the pages you need and take them right out to the bike.

Zanotti sells microfiche for $5.00, readers are available at many used office furniture places. I paid $5.00 for mine, which I used before I got Rob's CD. Manual price was in low $40.00 range, I think, but bought it several years ago when I got the XJ.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
        X