seat and cowling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat and cowling

Will the seat and rear cowling from a standard fit on a 79 special. and have any of you guy experimented with lighter springs on your ignition advance?

seat

On the 79 special, the TCI is mounted under the seat, near the middle of it. On the 78 and 79 standard, the TCI is mounted in a recess on the rear fender, just behind the seat, hence the need for the cowling. The 80- and newer standards had the TCI under the seat, but I am not sure of the exact location. To use a 79 standard seat on a special, you will also need the 79 standard rear fender,and you also will have to extend the TCI wiring about 6 inches, and locate the TCI where it would be on the 79 Std. The std seat will sit on top of the TCI, and you will not be able to fasten in down, unless you move the TCI rearward. If you have both seat pans, look at the botom of each, and see where the indent is on the spec pan. As for the ignition advance springs, I have no idea. I am assuming you have a good 79 STD seat, maybe another member will offer to trade for one you need. Hope this helps.
    put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
    79 F (Blueballs)
    79 SF (Redbutt)
    81 LH (organ donor)
    79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
    76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
    rover has spoken

Comment

Working...
    X