Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any source for the needle jet and needle for a 79F?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any source for the needle jet and needle for a 79F?

My bike has about 62,000 miles on it and I can see some wear in the opening of the emulsion tube (needle jet?) and all four needles have signs of wear, especially around the 1/3 up point (cruise throttle position). I'm still not 100% happy with the carbs, so before I go further on them, I thought i should go ahead and replace the last remaining parts that I think have some actual wear on them.

Does anyone know where I can get these parts for my 1979F? It has the stock CS34 II carbs. I have found emulsion tubes in places like MikesXS, but they are a different Yamaha part number, so unless there is some good reasons for going with a non stock part, I would rather find the correct parts before I shell out the cash.

Thanks for the help!
    -- Clint
    1979 XS1100F - bought for $500 in 1989

I have some but are the neddle jets different on 2,3 compared to 1 and 4?
    "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

As far as I know, they are the same on all four carbs. I have seen where they run one size larger main jets on the inner carbs to reduce those cylinder temperatures (they have less cooling than the outer ones, obviously...), but all the other parts are the same. At least, that is what I remember reading from the service manual.
      -- Clint
      1979 XS1100F - bought for $500 in 1989

Comment

Working...
      X