oil filter adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil filter adapter

does anyone know if the oil filters for the xj600 are the same as for the xs1100? there is an oil filter adapter on ebay for a 92 xj600 seca and I was hoping it would fit my 79 xs1100sf
    79 XS1100 Special
    Kerker 4-1, Pods, BS34 old style carbs, plastic floats, 147.5 mains, progressive rear suspension (restoring)

Nope....

Yamaha OEM part #s

XJ650...........1L9-13441-11-00....

XJ1100.........1J7-13441-10-00....

Couldn't find a 600, but the 550 filter is the same as the 1100

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/se...home/home.aspx
    Last edited by XSokieSPECIAL; 05-05-2010, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I get my oil filters at the local autoparts stores. Autozone, Advance, Smythe, and O\'Reilly all carry them here locally for about $4 a pop for a fram with the big o-ring.
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

I think he's asking if the oil filters are the same, because he's wanting to install an adapter for an oil cooler.

Contact one of the moderators here, TopCatGr58. He was making these adapter plates at one time and may have one still. If not, you may try contacting Andreasweiss here and see if he has one.

Tod
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Is it a SOFA he is looking for? He will probably want to make sure he has got a compatible exhaust. I know the jardine 4/1 are a problem with the oil cooler adapters - not enough clearance. I do not know if you would experience the same problems with a SOFA, but it never hurts to get your ducks in a row.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Sorry......

Found the 600 seca filter #.....It's differnent also:

3FV-13440-00-00

Comment

It's differnent also:

Hmmmm.. Methinks Greg is hitting the Blue Yummies already...

Tod
              Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
              '06 Suzuki DR650
              *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
              '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
              '81 XS1100 Special
              '81 YZ250
              '80 XS850 Special
              '80 XR100
              *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

yea I am trying to get a SOFA but I'm not planning on an oil cooler the parts I found on ebay are here I contacted topCat and he is out at the moment and I'm being a bit impatient cause he said it would take a couple weeks to manufactuer the next batch. I'll try andreas and see if h has one. I have a kerker 4 into 1 exhaust on there right now.

do they make much of a difference (oil coolers that is)?
                Last edited by the108penguins; 05-05-2010, 12:28 PM.
                79 XS1100 Special
                Kerker 4-1, Pods, BS34 old style carbs, plastic floats, 147.5 mains, progressive rear suspension (restoring)

Comment

You will be happy if you just wait for TC to get one built for you.
                  1980 XS1100LG Midnight
                  1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
                  A quick death and an easy one.
                  A pretty girl and an honest one.
                  A cold beer and another one!

Comment

I had an oil cooler on mine that I removed. Didn\'t seem to make much difference - maybe 10-15 degrees. Mine was an aftermarket setup that was spliced into the oil pipe with the lines running over the top of the motor, so getting rid of it made it a lot easier to remove the valve cover. If I had a factory-type setup I probably would have left it alone - assuming it didn\'t cause conflicts with the exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                      Hmmmm.. Methinks Greg is hitting the Blue Yummies already...

Tod
                      What do you mean "already"? Coffee break was over at 9AM!

It's my day off.

AH

Comment

I have a spare oil cooler adapter from TC that I couldn't use because my bike was dropped 2.5"....I will let it go for whatever he charges, just PM...
                        MDRNF
                        79F.....Not Stock
                        80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

xschop can your adapter just have the cooler ports plugged so I can use it with out an oil cooler. I'm not looking to run an oil cooler.
                          79 XS1100 Special

Comment

Originally posted by the108penguins View Post
                            xschop can your adapter just have the cooler ports plugged so I can use it with out an oil cooler. I'm not looking to run an oil cooler.
                            If it's the TC unit then no, but you can just run a line from the out to the in to run it without a cooler. However, the oil cooler model uses a car filter rather than a motorcycle filter like the other one.
                            Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                            Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                            Vetter Windjammer IV
                            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                            OEM Luggage Rack
                            Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                            Spade Fuse Box
                            Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                            750 FD Mod
                            TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                            XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Yes, IIRC the line can be "shorted" and just the spin on filter used....Can't remember what Phram part#'s though there were a few.
                              MDRNF
                              79F.....Not Stock
                              80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

Working...
                              X