My forks may belong to a MNS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My forks may belong to a MNS?

I have the type of forks that support the brake caliper by a single bolt vertical from the bottom up. I know I do not have a midnight special but,my local yamaha dealer insists that my forks have been swapped with forks from a MNS because of this type of set up. Im sure Ive seen other XS11s (standard) with this same set up?

I say their wrong. whos right?

1980 XS1100
    1980 XS1100 SG

When in doubt, knock 'em out!

I will not argue with idiots. They will only try to drag me down to their level and beat me with experience.

All the Special models use that type of fork with the leading axle. Midnite Specials are the exact same fork, but the lowers are painted black. Standard model forks have a center mount axle. Post a pic of your setup, if possible.
    Last edited by bikerphil; 05-04-2010, 09:58 PM.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Forks

Specials, includes MNS's

Standards, includes mro's painted ones too

mro

Comment

Originally posted by mro View Post
        Specials, includes MNS's

That's only true for the '80 MNS (LG). The LH has the same calipers as the XJ, with 2 bolts that come in from the side.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
        X