1982 XJ 1100, vacum tube mistery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 XJ 1100, vacum tube mistery

Just about to get my Xj up and running. Took the stock air box out to install pod filters. I can figure out what goes where, but one rather large vacum tube that went into the top of the old airbox on the front. It originates behind the clutch cover on top of the case. Is this something that needs to be hooked up or can i just delete the hose? Thank You very much in advance for any help given. I can only guess that this is the ycis related?

You want to put some sort of filter on that to keep stuff out of there (mostly bugs and dust), but that is just the crankcase vent. Just keep it above water and don't let bugs in it and you should be fine.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

bugs yuc

i've had mine disconected for years.(went to pods many moons ago) no probs. by the way welcome aboard.
      1982 XJ 1100
      going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
      now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Thank You guys, if it wasnt for yall on this website i would not have been able to get this bike back together. She breathes new life and is running better than before.

Comment

Working...
        X