Disc Brake - URGENT NEED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Brake - URGENT NEED

Hey People: Got a problem. Took bike to dealer to get new rear brake pads on my 1981 XS1100H and Terry [mechanic] found that the disc brake was cracked.
    That's part 3H5-25831-00-00 according to my info. Only one problem says the dealer - the part has been discontinued. I need one in very bad way if I am to salvage any part of the season. This request is coming out of Canada, Nova Scotia, little village called South Ohio. Can anyone give me a line on where to get an old part in good condition.
    Bob M.

Send a PM to member Andreashweiss. He's sure to have one for you.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

You can check eBay. The cheaper xs11 solid non slotted rotors will fit your bike, same size and bolt pattern. Should be fine for the rear.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
        You can check eBay. The cheaper xs11 solid non slotted rotors will fit your bike, same size and bolt pattern. Should be fine for the rear.
        They are. I mistakenly shipped my last slotted rotor in trade for a back rest that I promptly used to lure a kid driving a Saturn to occupy the same space as I at a high velocity. But, the rotor works just fine....
        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan View Post
          back rest that I promptly used to lure a kid driving a Saturn to occupy the same space as I at a high velocity
          So THAT was it?! I wonder, is it all back rests? If so I'm losing my sissy bar asap.
          1980 XS11SG
          Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
          Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
          ratted out, mean, and nasty

Comment

Working...
          X