Laughlin River Run on XS11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laughlin River Run on XS11

This weekend I rode with some friends to the Laughlin River Run in Nevada. We started in Oceanside California and stayed in Lake Havasu City Arizona. We rode to Laughlin Nevada and back on one of the days. There were thousands of bikes there, tons of vendors and a lot of drinking to be done. Some high points were riding on a hundred mile empty stretch between 29 Palms, CA to Parker, AZ, riding on the legendary Route 66 and bar hopping the whole way there. On our way back there was a pretty bad wreck where a rider had to be taken on a helicopter out of the middle of the desert. But other than that.. smooth riding the whole way! Before going I changed the oil and filter on my XS11 and also worked on the carbs. The carb work made such a huge difference for my freeway riding it was incredible. A lot of the old Harley riders when they saw my bike said something like "haven't seen one of those in a while!" Anyways, here's a couple pictures.
    It was nice having my cousin riding on the back of her boyfriend's Harley taking action shots.

80 XS11 "Bellatrix"- MAC 4-1, ZRX1200 carbs, Dynatek Coils, Raptor CCT

nice!!

looks like fun these bikes are great on the open road , your seat looks comfy , but how were the drag bars on the long haul, its funny we are both in sd county and my bike used to look like yours too , and I have an Icon helmet as well

You should hook up with us for a ride , maybe in a couple of weeks we get together with all the sd boys
    91 kwaka kz1000p
    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

The drag bars were a little rough on my shoulders and my hands went numb a little too often but nothing I couldn't handle. As for my helmet it's actually a Hawk helmet that a company called VCAN modifies by integrating bluetooth into it. Sure is nice having music streamed straight to my helmet from my Blackberry. You're bike looks so much like mine in those pics! My seat is extremely comfortable. We should definitely hook up for a ride sometime. You'll hear me coming because I've got a 4-1 Kerker that the baffles fell out of. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by CodyLane View Post
        Anyways, here's a couple pictures.
        Hey, Cody! That's route I usually take out to Aridona and I recognize the places where those pictures were taken. Miles of nothing that look just like the previous miles of nothing with some volcanoes scattered here and there to break up the heat and monotony. Beautiful riding!

Regards,

Scott
        -- Scott
        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
        1979 XS1100F: parts
        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

WOW! I love the black widow hour glass. Great looking bike all around. I can't promise that I wont steal that scheme for the someday paint job.
          '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

The black widow paint job was an easy choice. The bik was red when I first got it and it didn't have any badges. A little bit of bondo (hand sanding sucks btw) and a bit of blue painters tape and a razorblade... Widow magic! I got lots of compliments on it and it was such an easy improvement. Mayhap I'll paint spiderwebs on it soon. Seems like a lot of work for something that is still sorta pretty after 32 years. No such thing as botox for a bike. This broad has earned her years and shows them well.

Comment

Working...
            X