dynojet kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dynojet kit

hey can any of you guys give me the diameter of the drill bit they use to drill out the slide air lift holes with the stage1 dynojet kit (assuming there is one) and do you guys use the half step washers with 4-2 macs and pods?

Dunno about the 4-1 thing, but according to the Dynojet website, it's a #39 drill bit.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

[QUOTE=boediddly;272711]hey can any of you guys give me the diameter of the drill bit they use to drill out the slide air lift holes with the stage1 dynojet kit (assuming there is one) QUOTE]

The proper size drill bit comes with the kit.
      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

yeah what im saying is I cant afford the kit can any of you guys who have the kit mic the drill bit for me?

Comment

How are you going to do this without the kit? You need the new jets and the needles to fit into the drilled emulsion tubes. I don't think you can get them separately.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

im a technician ,yammy (certified), whos down on his luck( no job ),i just need the diameter of the the drill bit .I can tune the rest myself.Basically all I want is for my slide to raise a little faster, which this will accomplish, it sucks I cant afford the slide lift springs(I assume the kit comes with them) its a simple request hook a brother up.

Comment

im a technician ,yammy (certified), whos down on his luck( no job shop closed because of the recession and bad management),i just need the diameter of the the drill bit .Basically all I want is for my slide to raise a little faster, which this will accomplish, it sucks I cant afford the slide lift springs(I assume the kit comes with them) hook a brother up.

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
                How are you going to do this without the kit? You need the new jets and the needles to fit into the drilled emulsion tubes. I don't think you can get them separately.
                um, I hope you didn't drill your emulsion tubes with that bit. Your supposed to drill the hole, under the plastic retainer for the needle in the bottom of the slide, not the emulsion tube. The reason for drilling is to allow the slide to lift faster, supposedly increasing throttle response.
                1979 xs1100 Special -
                Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
                Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
                My Bike:
                [link is broken]

Comment

no hell no did i drill my emulsion tube.All I want is for some one who has the drill bit to mic it for me so i can drill out my slide lift air hole which,psychoreefer, is the same hole you just described.

Comment

boe, I didn't think you did, I was aiming my comment more at C-Bug, I think there is either a mis-used term, or a misunderstanding in how the kit works, I just wanted to make it clear if someone in the future reads this that you shouldn't drill your emulsion tubes, unless you want to replace them.

I'm sorry I can't help you with finding the drill size, If I had the kit I'd just send the dang bit to you cuz after you've drilled your sides you don't really need it anymore.

Something to consider though is that the dyno jet kit does come with new re-tapered needles, and the one I got for my shadow came with different slide springs as well. Without those parts drilling your slides might hurt more then help. I guess what I'm saying is go ahead and try it if you want, but measure the existing hole before you start, so that if you have to you can fill the larger hole and re-drill it to original size.
                    1979 xs1100 Special -
                    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
                    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
                    My Bike:
                    [link is broken]

Comment

drilling out those holes will only make the slide lift faster(given theyre drilled to the correct size) it would be nice to include the springs but I cant afford the kit. I could probably guess what drill bit to use, ive installed a hundred of em ,but its reassuring to know the exact size ,so if one of you guys with the drill bit lying around could spend a minute to take a mic to it it would be greatly appreciated .

Comment

Originally posted by psycoreefer View Post
                        um, I hope you didn't drill your emulsion tubes with that bit. Your supposed to drill the hole, under the plastic retainer for the needle in the bottom of the slide, not the emulsion tube. The reason for drilling is to allow the slide to lift faster, supposedly increasing throttle response.
                        Gotcha! I've not done the kit yet, but that was how I (mistakenly) thought it worked. Now I know!

FWIW, the springs do not come with the kit (at least not the one from Dynojet), and like I said earlier, Dynojet calls out a #39 drill bit. Can't be too hard to find.
                        Last edited by CatatonicBug; 04-28-2010, 10:37 AM.
                        1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

dont know if that numbering system is applicable only to dynojet or not and as im without a shop i dont have the luxury of digging through old kits so im hoping some one will mic that bit for me in either standard or metric so i can use some of the drill bits i have at the house

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
                            Dynojet calls out a #39 drill bit. Can't be too hard to find.
                            #39 = .0995" or 2.5273mm

Larry
                            Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
                            http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
                            82 XJ1100
                            80 XS1100G (Project bike)
                            64 Yamaha YA-6
                            77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
                            See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Yahman

Thanks you are the man!

Comment

Working...
                              X