Race Tech Emulators on EBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Tech Emulators on EBay

Just a heads up; here's a set of cartridge emulators that will fit the XS11 front forks for a reasonable price. These are listed for a Kawasaki but it's the same part number as the XS...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Race-...item2eacb1a5d9

'78E original owner
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

if you can get them do it. they r well worth it. the handling was my only complaint with this bike . i owned only 2 crotch rockets and this thing is now on parr with them.
    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

Comment

How comparable are the race tech ones to the ones MikesXS sell? Maybe Phil will chime in... Are they for the same diameter fork tubes? Im j/w b/c Phil is using a set in his FJ forks and has an adapter to make them fit and IIRC he only paied $50 for Mikes...
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
        How comparable are the race tech ones to the ones MikesXS sell? Maybe Phil will chime in... Are they for the same diameter fork tubes? Im j/w b/c Phil is using a set in his FJ forks and has an adapter to make them fit and IIRC he only paid $50 for Mikes...
        The only difference I can see is the RaceTech units are made of brass, while the YSS ones are made of aluminum. Mike's doesn't say what his are made of, they appear to be brass but may be just brass colored. Personally, IMO running soft aluminum (yes, I know the YSS units are 'hard anodized', but that's a pretty thin coating) against the hardened steel of the damper and spring doesn't seem to be a good idea. I can see these wearing out and not maintaining adjustment.

I believe that RaceTech had a patent on the emulators which has now expired, so that's why you're seeing cheaper copies show up.

'78E original owner
        Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
        '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
        '82 XJ rebuild project
        '80SG restified, red SOLD
        '79F parts...
        '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
        '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
        '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
        '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
        Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
        Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

does mikes come with both sets of springs. the 11 needs the yellow 60lb springs
          " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
          xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
          8mm msd wires
          tkat fork brace...
          Fox shocks...
          mikes650 front fender
          led's gallore...
          renthal bars
          gold valve emulators
          vmax tensioner
          Rifle fairing

Comment

The late XS650 has 35mm forks. I'm not sure 650 parts will work in this case.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Working...
            X