Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to fix the latch on your left side cover.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was strange... I just realized that when I posted that drawing in THIS thread, the same post somehow got copied TWICE into the thread Ken referenced! I didn't do it - I promise!
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

That was probably me - as I 'moderated' a copy over. BTW - excellent drawing!
      Ken Talbot

Comment

FWIW your local RC hobby shop has the best stuff in terms of super glue. Its properly called "Cyanoacrilate esther" or CA glue for short. That first part about cyano is just short for cyanide. Which it will produce at temps above 460F. So be careful when using a dremel tool. Just a word of caution...

Also, for super duper strong repair, the CA glue really loves fiberglass. Just pull some strands or get the ground up stuff and use like the baking soda. For nearly bullet proof repairs, use carbonfiber. Don't believe me? the Voyager airplane that did the nonstop flight around the globe was almost made entirely of cardboard honeycomb, carbonfiber and CA glue. Good stuff that CA glue.
        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
        X