best place to get idle mix screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best place to get idle mix screws

In another thread, I have been dealing with carb issues. At this point, I need to order carb idle screws- one had to be extracted- and the local yokels can't seem to locate them in this century. Is Mike's the best place to get them, or any other reccomendations? Is there a particular designation or anything? They seem to have different descriptions of what they are called, depending who you talk to. 1980 xs special....Thx
    1980 xs 11 special
    1969 camaro pro street project (for sale)

Do you need a full set of four? If not I can send you a couple I have left from when I rebuilt my carbs, they are used and You'll have to get some small orings and washers if yours are missing. There is nothing wrong with the ones I have, just replaced them because new ones came in the kit. PM me if your interested, otherwise yes, mikes xs has the correct ones.
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

Comment

When you start buying those small parts ala carte, they're pretty expensive. You can get them at Mikes (Part #48-5011 for 80/81 carbs) at $10 a pop (with springs, washers, and o-rings). The other option would be to get complete kits from George Fix - $68 for 4. Whichever way you go, make sure you've got the old o-rings out of the tunnels before you put the new ones in. They usually have to be dug out with the appropriate small pointed object.
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

I got mine in a kit from Z1 Enterprises. I replaced all the jets and stuff all at once, just to be sure. Most of the other vendors I found did not include the idle mixture screws, which is why I went with this kit.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

I went to my local Yamaha dealer. Ordered in for my 79SF, took about 3 days to get them. Around 12 Canuck bucks each IIRC.
          2-79 XS1100 SF
          2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
          80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
          Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Exploring options-- George Fix? Didn't see that anywhere on links or anything. Being somewhat new here, you're gonna have to point me....thx
            1980 xs 11 special

Comment

Originally posted by wylie coyote View Post
              Exploring options-- George Fix? Didn't see that anywhere on links or anything. Being somewhat new here, you're gonna have to point me....thx
              He's a seller on ebay. Look up user "georgefix"
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

thx--- man- that was quick- you're all over it.
                1980 xs 11 special

Comment

Working...
                X