Fork Seals - Here we go again
Collapse
X
-
Only a guess, maybe the 79 Special seal had a double lip and the 80+ was a triple. -
I don't know the answer to that Marty, I have always wondered the same thing.Leave a comment:
-
Phil,
You may be just the guy to have the answer. Why does the SF seal OEM part number differ from the other Specials?Leave a comment:
-
All the Specials use the same fork seal (37X48X10.5) except the 81 MNS which uses the same fork seal as the XJ11 does.Leave a comment:
-
Well, I rolled the dice and ordered the George seals. It says 79-81 specials.Leave a comment:
-
That's an F. We need seals for SF.Oil Seal - (2H7-23145-00) 41Y-23145-00-00 $11.89 .
http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oem...240/front-forkLeave a comment:
-
check but this is what I have
Oil Seal - (2H7-23145-00) 41Y-23145-00-00 $11.89 .
http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oem...240/front-forkLeave a comment:
-
All of the aftermarket seals are specified for all of the Specials. Only the SF had a different OEM part number. I don't have an SF, so I never made a hard copy of the SF parts book. I also wonder why the SF manuals have been taken down.
Surely, others have used aftermarket seals in the SF. Partzilla lists a bunch of them with the '79 on the fitment list. I had to put SG in the search as the SF no longer exists. They're offered in various sizes for the 37 mm tube.
Looking at the list, I wouldn't know what to buy.Leave a comment:
-
-
If the fork seals for the SF are different than any other then George must be confused as to what fits what ?
Notice he lists the Honda as one of the applications. ??
Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-
Does anyone have a recommendation where to get SF seals? Allballs doesn't have any listed that I can see.
The dealer 20 miles from me thought they could order them but then decided they couldn't. The dealer 60 miles from me literally laughed when I said 1979. He claimed the computer doesn't go back that far and told me to "look online."
Any rec's for a company that sells a quality seal and ships quickly?Leave a comment:
-
For OEM seals the XS1100SF seals are peculiar to just that bike. For some reason the XS1100SF parts fiche has been removed from the places I look for parts. SF has been removed from the Yamaha site as well.
Last edited by jetmechmarty; 12-16-2014, 09:11 PM.Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: